Breakfast is definitely my favorite meal of the day. During the busy work week however, it can be hard to always cook, sit down and enjoy this very important meal! When my mornings start so early, I don’t always have time to whip up some eggs. For the sake of saving time and still ensuring I have a quality breakfast even when rushing out of the door, I try to take a day to do some meal prepping ahead of time. Typically I will do this on a Sunday or one evening after work, if I’m not too tired 🙂 This very easy egg casserole dish can be made ahead of your busy week and then reheated for those early or hectic mornings. It can be be prepared from start to finish in less than 1 hour!
Easy Egg Casserole
Small Batch (4 servings)
- 6 large or extra large eggs
- 1/2 cup spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup bell peppers (fresh or frozen)
- 1 chopped tomato
- Feta cheese or other cheese (optional)
- Pinch of salt (I used Himalayan)
- Pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease pan with butter or olive oil.
3. In a medium bowl, scramble eggs. Add seasoning.
4. Add eggs to the greased pan. Evenly top with veggies and cheese.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until eggs looked fully cooked in center. Outer edges should become lightly browned.
6. Let cool 5 minutes, then cut into 4 portions.
7. Place in refrigerator and reheat for a quick breakfast or snack.
You can toss in ANY vegetables you have on hand, fresh or frozen. Flavor with other herbs/spices if desired. I used some onion powder in this but you can toss in fresh chopped onions if you have them on hand. You can also add cooked bacon or other meat if desired. I used grass-fed butter to grease the pan and there was no issue with the eggs sticking. You can make a larger batch in a 15 x 10-inch rectangular baking dish and use a dozen eggs.Then cut into 6 portions so each serving contains 2 eggs!