When I hear clients tell me salads aren’t filling enough for them, it’s likely because they have not included enough vegetables, protein, or healthy fats, all which help provide satiety! I make sure to include high quality protein such as hard boiled eggs, grilled chicken, tuna, or salmon. I always top my salads off with some good healthy fat. In addition to helping fill me up, I want my body to absorb all of those good nutrients from the veggies. My favorites fats to add are olive oil, avocado, and olives. The combination of fiber, protein, and healthy fats should be satisfying and provided your body with long lasting fuel.
Mini Strawberry No-Bake Cakes
These SWEET, creamy desserts are free of refined white sugar, flour, trans fat, and rancid vegetable oils. Made completely from whole food ingredients and topped with fresh berries, this no-bake treat is a perfect, EASY to make treat for any gathering this Spring! If you do not have a mini-cupcake tin, you can also make this into a cake using a round cake pan. Enjoy 🙂
- 10 large Dates, pitted
- 10 Strawberries, large
- 1 can full-fat Coconut milk
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 1 1/4 cup Shredded Coconut
- 2 Tbsp. Gelatin ( I use Great Lakes)
- Place can of coconut milk in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight
- Soak the dates in a glass of water while gathering other ingredients.
- Add the shredded coconut to a high speed blender or food processor and process it until the coconut begins to stick together.
- One at a time, add the dates (drained) to blender/food processor. Process until the dates are well chopped and a paste is formed with coconut.
- Press coconut/date paste into bottom and sides of cupcake tin. If not sticky enough, you may have added too much coconut and not enough dates. Try processing again with more dates or add little bit of honey.
- Remove can of coconut milk from the refrigerator. Scoop the solidified cream off the top and put into blender.
- Pour the remaining liquid from the can into a saucepan. Add in gelatin, and heat over low to medium heat, stirring constantly until the gelatin is well dissolved.
- Add the honey to the warm mixture and stir until completely incorporated.
- Now add this mixture to the blender, along with fresh chopped strawberries and the coconut cream. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling mixture into the prepared crusts. Top with additional fresh berries.
- Place in refrigerator until set. (At least 1-2 hours). I let it set overnight!