Easy weeknight fish tacos!
- 1/2 lb. wild-caught cod or other white fish
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 limes
- 1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Natural taco seasoning e.g. Simply Organic, Trader Joe’s
- Grain-free tortillas *
*May substitute with corn tortillas
1. Marinate fish in taco seasoning and lime juice for approximately 20 minutes.
2. Combine chopped mango chunks, tomato, and red onion to make the salsa. Squeeze in fresh lime juice and combine in salsa.
3. Sauté or grill fish until white and flakey. (Cook on each side approximately 3-5 minutes)
4. Lightly spray tortillas with olive oil spray and warm in pan over low heat. (1 minute) Assemble tacos while tortillas are still warm. Top with sliced avocado and enjoy!
This dish is too easy and delicious not to try. Cauliflower makes a great substitution for refined white rice, mashed potatoes, pizza crust, and now grits! The cruciferous vegetable provides anti-inflammatory compounds and various phytochemicals to help ward off disease. Just 1 cup provides 73% of the daily value of Vitamin C! That’s 3X as much as 1 cup of spinach! Not to mention the fresh wild-caught shrimp offering a nice dose of omega-3 fatty acids, selenium, and Vitamin B12 . Add a side of greens and you have yourself a very nutritious dinner!
- 1/2 lb. whole wild caught shrimp
- Cajun seasoning
- Cauliflower florets (frozen)
- 1 Tbsp. Grass-fed butter
1.Prepare shrimp (peel and deveine). Rinse and pat dry. Coat shrimp with Cajun seasoning and set aside. If you don’t like spicy, substitute with any seasoning of choice.
2. Heat large skillet over medium heat.
3.Meanwhile, steam or cook frozen cauliflower on stove top. Place in high speed blender or food processor. Add 1 Tbsp. grass-fed butter or olive oil to cauliflower in addition to seasoning. (sea salt, garlic, parsley).
4. Blend cauliflower until it reaches a fairly smooth consistency.
5. Pansear shrimp for about 2 minutes on each side.
6. Serve shrimp over “grits” and with your favorite green vegetable. Asparagus or sauteed spinach both work well!
- 1 lb free-range ground turkey
- 2 cups rinsed, fresh chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- dash of sea salt
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl with hands. Form 1/2 inch thick patties (about 5-6). Place patties in a large, non-stick pan, then turn heat on medium. Cook patties for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Serve with fresh in season fruit and vegetables!