Summertime Watermelon & Kale Salad
I love, love, love fresh seasonal fruit in a salad. This salad takes just 5 minutes to put together and is loaded with antioxidants. Not to mention it tastes delicious!
- 1 head of organic kale, rinsed and chopped (may also use pre-chopped bin )
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 large cucumber, sliced in quarters
- 1/4 block of goat cheese, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted, peeled sunflower seeds (I use Trader Joe’s brand)
- Optional (add fresh mint leaves)
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- Combine all ingredients and toss with dressing.
Easy weeknight fish tacos!
- 1/2 lb. wild-caught cod or other white fish
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 limes
- 1/4 small red onion, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- Natural taco seasoning e.g. Simply Organic, Trader Joe’s
- Grain-free tortillas *
*May substitute with corn tortillas
1. Marinate fish in taco seasoning and lime juice for approximately 20 minutes.
2. Combine chopped mango chunks, tomato, and red onion to make the salsa. Squeeze in fresh lime juice and combine in salsa.
3. Sauté or grill fish until white and flakey. (Cook on each side approximately 3-5 minutes)
4. Lightly spray tortillas with olive oil spray and warm in pan over low heat. (1 minute) Assemble tacos while tortillas are still warm. Top with sliced avocado and enjoy!
Zoodles are an easy, low-carb, and nutritious alternative to regular refined pasta that’s frequently consumed as part of the Standard American Diet (SAD). When making the transition to a whole food based diet, pasta is often missed by carb lovers everywhere. Zoodles however, allow you to still enjoy your favorite pasta based dishes without having to sacrifice taste and ease of cooking! All you need is a Spiralizer and the possibilities are endless!
Shrimp “Bolonasge” Topped with Almond Cheese
Spaghetti with ‘Paleo’ Homemade Turkey Meatballs