Kale is the QUEEN of healthy greens. Loaded with vitamins and minerals, it is one of the most nutrient dense foods on the planet. In particular, kale is very high in antioxidants Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K; in addition to minerals iron, calcium, and manganese. Not only is this leafy green chalked full of antioxidants, but even has omega-3 fatty acids to help fight inflammation! One cup offers 5 grams of fiber and only 36 calories.
Crispy Baked Kale Chips
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or 1 even coat of olive oil spray)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic or onion powder
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- Using a knife, cut a kale bunch (already washed & dried) into smaller bite size pieces. You may also use a bag of already precut kale.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Spread kale into a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil (or use olive oil spray, such as Trader Joe’s), and sprinkle with sea salt and other seasoning.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn tray. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. Watch carefully as to not allow kale to burn.
- Let cool 3 minutes and enjoy!
Be sure to enjoy these kale chips within 24 hours as they lose crispiness quickly!
This chocolate pudding is comprised of unexpected real food ingredients, avocado and banana! If you’re like me and always have bananas and avocados on hand, you understand how quickly they ripen at once. Next time you’re in need of salvaging these fruits from being thrown out or just simply looking for a satisfying and healthy dessert, try making this rich and delicious chocolate pudding! It makes a perfect late evening snack or dessert. For a more balanced snack during the day, a small amount of protein powder can be added.
Not only are you getting a combination of complex carbohydrates and healthy fat, but you’re also getting a dose of potassium and magnesium. Both potassium and magnesium play enormous roles in our health. Magnesium is needed for nearly every function in the body and supports our immune health. Potassium is also an important mineral for the proper function of organs, tissues, and cells. Potassium is crucial for proper heart function and consuming potassium rich foods regularly can help lower blood pressure!
3 Ingredient Chocolate Pudding
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 small ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp organic cocoa powder
- Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips to garnish (optional)
Cut banana and avocado into smaller pieces and place in small mixing bowl. Add in 2 tbsp of cocoa powder. (I tend to not measure and just eyeball it). You can mash by hand with a fork or if you have a blender, toss all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. If you mix ingredients by hand, the pudding will have more lumps. Top with dark chocolate chips and try not to lick the bowl clean 😉