Summertime Watermelon & Kale Salad
I love, love, love fresh seasonal fruit in a salad. This salad takes just 5 minutes to put together and is loaded with antioxidants. Not to mention it tastes delicious!
- 1 head of organic kale, rinsed and chopped (may also use pre-chopped bin )
- 2 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 large cucumber, sliced in quarters
- 1/4 block of goat cheese, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw, unsalted, peeled sunflower seeds (I use Trader Joe’s brand)
- Optional (add fresh mint leaves)
- 1/4 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- Combine all ingredients and toss with dressing.